Out of all the potential printer problems, a printer that won’t turn on can be the most frustrating. After all, if you can’t get it to turn on, your print job won’t be finished anytime soon. Thankfully, troubleshooting a printer that won’t turn on in Woodward, OK is often one of the easiest tasks! Follow these tips to get your printer to boot up:
- Change the wall outlet: A faulty wall outlet may be to blame for your seemingly broken printer. Try plugging it into a new outlet and see if your printer will boot up now.
- Replace the power cord: A faulty power cord is one of the best-case scenarios when your printer won’t turn on. After all, replacing a power cord is much cheaper than calling a technician or buying a whole new printer. You should be able to find a new cord at your local office supply store.
- Let the printer sit idle: It may sound silly, but letting your printer rest for an hour might do the trick. Unplug the power cord and let the printer sit idle for about an hour. If it doesn’t boot up after resting, call a technician to perform an inspection—something is clearly wrong with it.
- Reset using the power key: When customers ask what to do when their printer won’t turn on in Woodward, OK, we sometimes tell them to hold the power button for a few minutes. Read your owner’s manual for exact instructions, but holding down the power button for two to three minutes should perform a hard reset and boot your printer back up.
- Check for ink leaks: Power failure could be due to a leaky ink cartridge. Check the cartridges for any signs of leaks, and remove any faulty cartridges right away. Then, call a technician to inspect your unit and make any necessary repairs.
Buy a new printer from Devine’s Office Supplies
If you’re sick and tired of troubleshooting a printer that won’t turn on in Woodward, OK, then it might be time to buy a new one. Here are a few reasons to shop at Devine’s Office Supplies:
- Full selection: Whether you need a small printer for your home office or a larger model for your company, we have just what you need. Our friendly staff can also help you find the perfect printer if you don’t know what to look for.
- Top brands: We always recommend buying a name brand printer instead of a generic model, as the big brands tend to work better. That’s why we only carry the best name brands in our store.
- Best prices: There’s no reason to spend a fortune on your new printer or any other office supplies. That’s why we sell all of our products for the most competitive prices in town.
Stop worrying about what to do when the printer won’t turn on in Woodward, OK and just buy a new one from us! Whether you’re looking for a better printer, new office furniture or basic office supplies, we have just what you need.
Categorised in: Printers