It doesn’t matter who you are, how old you are, how you spend your professional and personal time or where you live—everyone needs a place to jot down notes from time to time. Whether students in classrooms, creative professionals in brainstorming meetings or service technicians driving from job to job, everyone has a use for a pad of paper. When stocking up on back-to-school necessities or office supplies, you should consider both spiral notebooks and legal pads in Woodward, OK.
Aren’t they both just paper?
You’ve figured out a secret that legal pad suppliers in Woodward, OK have known for ages. There’s really not much that differentiates a legal pad from a spiral notebook. However, these small differences are worth noting, as they will help you make an informed purchase decision the next time you visit Devine’s Office Supplies:
- Binding: Gum binding is used along the top of a legal pad to keep the pages together, whereas a spiral-shaped wire runs through holes on the left side of a spiral notebook.
- Pages: A legal pad has 50 pages, whereas a standard notebook has 96.
- Cover: A spiral notebook has front and back covers, whereas a legal pad only has a back cover.
- Page color: While the front cover of a notebook can be any number of colors, the pages are white with blue lines. The legal pad is known for its yellow pages, but others are also available in white.
- Line ruling: Spiral notebooks are available in both wide and college-ruled so you can choose what works best for you.
- Sizes: Both are available in a variety of sizes. However, both have standard sizes as well. For instance, a standard legal pad is 8.5 inches wide and 14 inches long, whereas a spiral notebook is 8.5 inches by 11 inches.
So, how do I choose?
Ultimately, the decision is a personal one. You have to go with what you prefer. But if you don’t have a preference, you should consider the following criteria.
- Ease of use: With legal pads in Woodward, OK, you are ready to go. Unlike a spiral notebook, where you have to flip through the pages to find where you left off, a legal pad makes it simple to find a clean sheet to write on when a professor or client is speaking rapidly.
- Durability: A spiral notebook has two covers, which means it’ll survive the journey to and from school in a backpack without losing pages. Without a front cover, a legal pad is less secure than it’s spiral-bound counterpart.
- Style: Some people like the overall aesthetic of crisp black or blue ink on a sheet of yellow legal paper. Others prefer having a wide-ruled notebook where they can play around with their handwriting and doodles.
As one of the most trusted legal pad suppliers in Woodward, OK, families and businesses have come to Devine’s Office Supplies for everything from school projects to major presentations. If you are in the market for school or office supplies, visit our store today! Our knowledgeable sales staff can help you find exactly what you need. Call us if you have any questions about inventory or prices.
Categorised in: Office Supplies