At various times of the calendar year, we take time to uplift our communities. September is particularly packed with times of remembrance for those who serve and sacrifice. The whole month of September reminds us of the gratefulness we have in our communities, small and large. Devine’s Office Supplies offers community support in Woodward, OK to celebrate these great occasions.
This month includes the following special days that help us honor those who give in a variety of ways to their community and to the world:
- Labor Day: On Labor Day, September 2, we thanked the American workforce for all they do to keep our economy and society running strong throughout the year. Where would we be without all the workers in this nation? From fast food restaurant workers to Federal employees, everyone pitches in to create a functioning society. Labor Day is a small way to say “thank you.”
- National Day of Service and Remembrance: This time of reflection on September 11 is designated to remember those who were taken from us during the 9/11 tragedies. From family members to emergency responders, myriad lives were forever changed by these events. This day marks a time to remember and honor those lives.
- International Day of Democracy: September 15 is a day to celebrate democracy. Everyone has an equal voice and the opportunity to influence local, state and national issues. This day is a time to rejoice in our ability to express our voices in a land of freedom and democracy.
- Constitution Day: Following our celebration of democracy is Constitution Day, on September 17. This federal observation recognized the adoption of the U.S. Constitution. September 17 was the day that Constitutional Convention delegates signed the original document in 1787.
- National Voter Registration Day: This holiday was recently established, in 2012, and has gained popularity over the last several years. It’s a time, once again, to celebrate democracy. It is held on the fourth Tuesday of September each year, which falls on September 24 in 2019.
- National Public Lands Day: This annual celebration of public lands is celebrated on the fourth Saturday of September. In 2019, the date is September 28. This day is sponsored by the National Environmental Education Foundation, and it promotes the enjoyment and conservation of public lands.
With so many opportunities to celebrate our nation’s land, freedom and people this month, Devine’s Office Supplies wants to offer community support in Woodward, OK by acknowledging these important occasions. We encourage everyone to use these days as the opportunities that they are to honor important people and issues in our communities and across the nation.
A staple of the community
Devine’s Office Supplies has been part of the local community since 1939. We are dedicated to providing high-quality products and services to meet all your office supply needs. Our team is proud to be an integral provider of community support in Woodward, OK. We have everything you need to keep your home or business office running smoothly. Give Devine’s Office Supplies a call or visit our website today to discover our selection.
Categorised in: School Supplies