If you work in an office, you likely spend the majority of your time at work sitting at a desk in front of a computer screen. While you can break up the time you spend sitting by taking short walks around your office or standing for periods of the day, long stretches of sitting are virtually inevitable, and it’s important to consider how all of that sitting affects your body and mind.
If your chair isn’t giving you the support you need, you might develop back pain, soreness, stiffness and a number of other negative effects on your physical and mental health, so it’s important to invest in quality office furniture in Woodward, OK. Here’s a closer look at some of the effects of a low-quality office chair—and how investing in a better piece can help:
- Discomfort: One of the most noticeable effects of a low-quality office chair is a feeling of discomfort. If you feel like you can’t get into a comfortable position without supplementing with pillows, stools and other products, chances are your office chair is not right for you. After using your office chair for so long, you might not even realize just how uncomfortable it is. Head to a store that sells office furniture in Woodward, OK to try out a few different chairs and discover what you might be missing out on.
- Low energy: When your spine isn’t aligned correctly due to an unsupportive chair, your muscles have to work harder to keep you sitting upright. Because your muscles are doing more work, you may find yourself becoming fatigued earlier in the day. When you sit in a chair that’s designed to offer plenty of support and stability, you may notice that your energy levels are better throughout your workday.
- Poor concentration: When you’re uncomfortable, it can be difficult to focus on anything else. When the conditions are right, you can focus on your work completely and avoid the constant distraction of back pain and general discomfort.
- Inhibited blood circulation: Uncomfortable chairs without sufficient support cause nerve compression that prevents proper blood circulation. This can lead to feelings of discomfort, cramping and severe backaches. You should have a chair that supports your whole body so that you don’t place excessive pressure on any part of your body. Everyone is different, so it’s a good idea to test out chairs in person until you find one that’s right for you.
- Long-term health problems: The strain, discomfort and complications caused by a low-quality office chair can lead to all kinds of long-term issues, including spine misalignment, circulation problems and even weight gain.
At Devine’s Office Supplies, we know how much of a difference the right office chair can make for your mental and physical health, and that’s why we’re proud to offer an outstanding selection of office furniture in Woodward, OK. We have been in business since 1939 and we continue to deliver exceptional products and unmatched customer service. Find out more about what we have to offer by browsing our website, giving us a call or stopping by in person today!
Categorised in: Office Furniture