The break room is often an overlooked feature of the workplace. Many employers figure there’s no need to invest a lot into this space because most employees spend most of the day at their desks. But break rooms are an important part of the workplace that can help boost productivity. In fact, research shows that the break room gives employees a place to take a mental and physical break before they head back to work with a renewed level of efficiency and productivity. Plus, it can also improve their satisfaction at work.
Employers can reap the investment of a great break room just by stocking it with a few essentials. Stock the company break room with the following items, many of which you can find at an office supply store in Woodward, OK:
- Coffee and tea: This one is crucial. Make sure the break room is always stocked with an abundance of coffee and tea, in addition to all the extras like sugar, cream, cups and more. Caffeinated beverages increase attention spans, improve focus and boost mental energy. These beverages are a relatively inexpensive incentive for your workers. Remember to have a few non-caffeinated alternatives on hand, too.
- Water coolers: Staying hydrated is an important part of a successful workday. Choose a cooler that supplies both filtered cold and hot water.
- Lunch tables: Employees shouldn’t be expected to eat lunch at their desk every day. Give employees a place to sit down and engage with coworkers while they chow down on their bagged lunch. This will help promote interpersonal connections and build team camaraderie.
- Fridge: That old mini-fridge won’t cut it. The break room should have a fridge large enough to store bagged lunches, birthday party leftovers and a few drinks. An office supply store in Woodward, OK can help you determine the best size fridge based on the number of employees.
- Snacks: Stop the “hangry” before it happens by providing a variety of snacks. Many companies are leaning toward stocking healthy snacks, but remember to also keep a stash of both savory and sweet treats available.
- Appliances: Adding a microwave and toaster will help create a break room perfect for prepping a variety of lunchtime meals or a breakfast at the office.
- Utensils: This is another important component of eating in the office. Napkins, plates, silverware and cups should always be on hand for digging into a catered lunch. Keep plenty of reusable dishes that will need to be cleaned after each use, but it’s also a good idea to stock some disposable products.
- Differentiation: The break room should be a place to break away from a challenging project, not just an extension of the rest of the office. Design and decorate the break room to stand out from the rest of your business space. Try painting one wall a different shade or choosing a different style of furniture. This will help the workers to more easily disconnect and decompress from any frustrating tasks. They’ll be fresh and ready to go when they return to work.
Ready to start picking out office supplies in Woodward, OK? Give Devine’s Office Supplies a call today to get started with stocking a break room your employees will love.
Categorised in: Office Supply Store