If you own a business, you know how costly healthcare and worker’s compensation claims can be. While it’s impossible to completely eliminate risk in some work environments, you can make choices that greatly minimize the likelihood of accidents occurring and keep your employees safe and healthy. One of the most important things you should consider is the role of ergonomics in your workplace. Lots of people underestimate the importance of ergonomics, but taking the time to increase ergonomics in your business can make a huge difference when it comes to profitability, morale and the safety of your employees:
- Increased productivity: Ergonomics is all about accommodating employees in a way that is most conducive to their natural movements and posture. When you use ergonomic furniture and office products in Woodward, OK in your office, employees can move more freely and efficiently. Desks that require less movement and promote better posture promote efficiency and, in turn, productivity.
- Better job performance: Employees who are dealing with back and neck pain, cramping and fatigue might be understandably distracted from some of their daily tasks. Poor ergonomics make simple tasks far more physically challenging, and your employees might tend to take more shortcuts with their work. These shortcuts can have a number of negative impacts on your business, including longer turnaround times, lower product quality and less profitability. Ergonomic supplies and furniture are designed to make tasks much easier and more intuitive for employees so that they don’t have to grapple with the pain and frustration associated with workspaces that aren’t designed with ergonomics in mind.
- Improved morale: Nothing will reduce productivity and negatively affect a workplace quite like low employee morale. Investing in ergonomic office products in Woodward, OK helps you demonstrate to your employees that you value them and care about their safety and comfort. This relatively small change can make a huge difference to the way your employees view your company, and can boost morale significantly.
- Lower costs: While a lot of people associate worker’s compensation with injuries that result from a sudden accident, many worker’s compensation claims are linked to musculoskeletal disorders that are caused by prolonged exposure to conditions that aren’t conducive to proper posture, circulation and joint health. By focusing on ergonomics, you can potentially significantly reduce your costs.
- Safer employees: Ergonomically designed supplies and furniture are simply better for your employees. Being conscious about ergonomics helps keep your employees healthy and safe.
At Devine’s Office Supplies, we know how much of a difference the right office products can make. That’s why we are dedicated to offering an inventory of great office products in Woodward, OK that are designed to contribute to a positive workplace. Regardless of the size or layout of your space, we feel confident that we have products and furniture that will work perfectly for your business. After nearly 80 years, our local business has developed an excellent track record for the quality of our products and our dedication to our customers. You can see some of our products online, or stop by and check out our inventory in person!
Categorised in: Office Products