If you spend most of your work day sitting at your desk in your office, then you should definitely make a high-quality office chair a priority. Low-quality chairs can wreak havoc on your lower back and cause long-term pain and posture problems.
While you are likely going to want to consider the aesthetics of the chair to a certain extent, as it is part of the décor of your office, you will mostly want to consider the following factors when looking for a chair at an office supply store in Woodward, OK:
- Lumbar support: Any high-quality office chair will provide excellent support to the lower back. Top-end office chairs will usually have adjustable lumbar supports, allowing you to properly fit the chair to your lower back. This goes a long way toward helping prevent some of the types of back strain that get worse over time, leading to sciatica.
- Adjustments: Just about any office chair you find is going to have adjustments for height and arms. These adjustments, however, are less important than others like lumbar support, seat back width and height, seat and back angle, arm width and height and tension control. In some circumstances these adjustments are controlled by a dial, while others are controlled with a bulb pump similar to one you’d find on a blood pressure cuff.
- Swivel base: You should choose an office chair that freely swivels, allowing you to easily access various parts of the desk. A chair that doesn’t freely swivel will likely lead to arm fatigue, as you will constantly have to reach to grab various items on your desk and in your office.
- Wheel base: The vast majority of office chairs have a wheel base. However, if your office has carpeted floors, you might need to search for chairs that have wheels that were specifically made for carpeted floors. The ability to roll your chair around your office will help you avoid straining yourself while reaching to retrieve items that are located just out of your reach.
- Fabric: Choose an office chair that has a breathable fabric, so it will not become too uncomfortable after you have been sitting in it for a long time. The chair should provide you with plenty of cushion, so you are able to support yourself without feeling the base of the chair through the bottom of the cushion.
Ultimately, having a good chair for your office is important for reasons beyond just your comfort and health. Studies show a good, supportive, comfortable office chair helps you be more productive with your work, and can even help reduce distractions.
When you arrive at the store, you’ll be able to try out a variety of chairs you think you might like before purchasing one. Make sure to keep the above factors in mind when making a purchase decision.
For more tips, contact an office supply store in Woodward, OK today. We look forward to providing you with any assistance you may need!
Categorised in: Office Furniture